Monday, August 1, 2011

NO more PULL-UP's

Michael enjoying his favorite - Panda Express w/mommy

Last week we decided to put Michael in underwear (except for bedtime) and see what happened.  I am happy to say, I think he is doing really well.  He is a boy after all, and is lazy when he is playing and distracted so he has had a few accidents.  But I think overall he has done a GREAT job.  If he has an accident in his underwear he looses a toy.  He has lost MOST of his cars, toys but is slowly earning them back by going potty in the big boy potty. 
We went to the Circus over the weekend and he LOVED this little elephant he got (FREE from my friend at work along with some other great circus toys) so when he didn't tell us he had to go potty and had an accident he lost his beloved elephant.  Michael cried, and cried.  But you know what.............. He hasn't had an accident since. 
I know it's persistence on our part, because I feel like a broken record asking him every 20 minutes if he has to go potty, but my little boy is growing up!
I probably could get away with underwear at bedtime, because 99% of the time he has been waking up dry for MONTHS
Favorite thing for Michael, is to go pee outside.  Yeah, daddy taught him that one!  LOL


1 comment:

  1. Oh the dreaded potty trainging I am trying with Caleb and he does so good for a couple of days and then refuses to go in the potty and I don't want to force him cuz then he might go back to square one and not go at all but I am at a loss if you have any suggestions pleas help! We tried the big boy underwear over the weekend and he was doing really good for like 6 or so hours and then he had an accident and then it went down hill from there and after that he has refused to wear the big boy underwear this potty training thing is so not fun LOL!

    ReplyDelete