Sunday, January 24, 2010

We have been busy







It's been busy the past week at Casa Hughes. I had my first job interview on Thursday for a company that I thought was an ad agency. Turns out they coordinate medical trials and it sounded fun, rewarding and stressful. Stressful - not what I want to do anymore. So, I am continuing to look, apply and keep my fingers crossed.




We drove to a town called Decatur about 65-ish miles away from home on Saturday and hit this little steakhouse. The food was pretty good, and pretty cheap.



Another one of our favorites here is a little dive called the WAFFLE HOUSE. They have this little buildings all over, but don't let the look fool you. The food is amazing, and CHEAP. Mike and I have hit one of these every Sunday since we have been here for breakfast. For the 3 of us, it's $14. It's so amazingly good.



See the building.......... kinda trashy, and they are small, so if your in the area you have to stop in. Much better than an IHOP or a Denny's.



Michael has been at his best tormenting poor Ellie. Not sure if it's tormenting per say, but he likes to get into her kennel with her and just hang out, and point out her ears, eyes and so on. It's cute. I have even caught Michael out in Ellie's tent outside. We have one of those $9 blue igloo IKEA tents with her doggie pillow under our covered patio.


We skipped church today (don't tell anyone)and stayed home and cleaned. We were going to go get Michael his puppy today but the one Mike went to see did't work out, but we got alot done at the house anyway. Michael was a big help with the vacuuming.

We got Ellie a new basketball and this is her playing in the backyard. Don't be alarmed. The noise she makes is a happy noise.



DALLAS FACT # 1 - There are A LOT of church's here. And I mean A LOT. They are big, and everywhere. I have seen church's I have never seen before, and they are so cool. The size of some of these are amazing. I will take some photo's and do a collage soon for you all.

** I will add a new & fun fact each sunday for ya! **
tag2

1 comment:

  1. Janine, I'm so glad that you have a blog! I don't check fb as often as I would like now I get to see all the fun things your little one and your family are up to!

    ReplyDelete