Saturday, January 9, 2010

Deep in the HEART of Texas

We're finally here! I can't believe it. We have been looking forward to this for so long to be finally here is crazy.
Michael and I flew in on Wednesday. Daddy was 1 hour late picking us up from the airport........ annoying, but I guess that is Dallas rush hour.
It has been really chilly here since we got in as well. Temps have been in the low 20's. Can we all say, BURR!!!!!!!!!
The house is nice. Not what I would have picked if I had seen it first, but we had to rent via the internet, sight unseen so at least we didn't get a nightmare.
It's a nice house, don't get me wrong, but it's an older home and the rooms are small. The master is a good size, but the other 2 rooms are tiny. Michael finally has his own room where he doesn't have to share with a spare bed or anything other than his stuff. That is nice.
I LOVE the kitchen. They had it redone an it's pretty nice. Just have to find some minor things like.. plates utincles, FOOD, pots & pans...... not much but those items would be awsome.
Yes the helpers put all the kitchen boxes in our garage and burried them...... That is my project starting tomorrow because I am SICK of eating out and we really can't afford it.
This move has been so expensive.
I will have photos soon.......... thank's everyone for your help and well wishes! We look forward to you visiting soon.


tag2

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you got there safe and sound!! I'm also glad you like it (so far) since you've been so anxious to leave Vegas! I hope all goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got there. Lara said it has been really cold there which is unusual. If it's any help, it's cheaper in Dallas than it is in Seattle. I'm anxious to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete