Thursday, May 23, 2013

Michael turns 5



I think this picture by far is my FAVORITE picture of Michael the day he was born.  What a mellow little dude who would change my life in so many ways, and quite possible be my 1 and only little miracle in this lifetime.




Yesterday my little man turned 5 years old.   FIVE years old.  Five years have gone by and there are 5 years worth of wonderful memories and milestones for this little guy.  One of the fun things for Me as his mommy is making sure he knows how special his birthday is.  I let him know it's coming up and yesterday morning I went into wake him up singing Happy Birthday.  He instantly woke up and I got the most precious little smile out of him.  He was so excited.

  I took the afternoon off work and brought his class little treats for his birthday.  Since I have changed my eating habits to more cleaner eating and less processed foods and sugar along with being on Weight Watchers I wanted to bring something OTHER than cupcakes.  In hindsight that might have been better as the kiddo's threw away more than they ate.  Mike had to remind me that it was the thought that counts, but really?  What kid doesn't like jello AND pudding then combined?  whatever.  I thought they were cute but I will know better next year.  There were 2 girls in the class with nut allergies, so I made sure to make theirs different and just as cute.

Michael just wanted jello so that is what I did his as.  But I think they turned out pretty cool.  Maybe this is a treat for older kids.








The birthday kid gets to choose what they want or where they want to go for dinner.  We thought for sure we would have to endure McDonalds or Panda Express.  Michael has a strong LOVE for Panda Express and he always chooses to go there.  McDonalds for the toy and quite honestly I haven't let him eat there in quite awhile.  I think their food is just gross, but nope.  He chose GOLDEN CORAL.  What?  seriously???  He loves the desserts there, and mommy can find something there I can eat.  Must not have done too bad, Weight Watchers today told me I dropped 4 pounds. I love this healthier new me and us. 


Now we have his first ever birthday party to do on Saturday June 1st.   We are having his friends from school plus friends of ours with kids over for a swimming party.  It's going to be a lot of fun and what fun for such a sweet little boy.
Love you MICHAEL!   Here is to another great 5 years (and LOTS more)




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment