Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year | New Family

This weekend I made Mike dig this out of storage so we could hang in our kitchen. I am doing weekly meal planning so I know what our dinners are a week out and I can prep if needed. This will help my little 4 year old starving "right this very second" monster from eating crap before dinner. And allow us to see what we are having each night. I did this before but in a 2 week schedule and it worked for awhile then I grew tired of the menu.  This allows more flexibility and I plan based on our pantry.  We need to get through a bunch of stuff from my stockpile and quite frankly some of it is going to get donated to a food pantry or a needy family.  When I was starting my couponing I was buying EVERYTHING that was free or close to it regardless of the nutritional value.  Not going to happen anymore.   So if your reading this and your local to me, message me because you may inherit some of our "stash"  I am buying healthy from hear on out and any cakes, cupcakes and such in the pantry now are going bye-bye soon.  We will also be able to create a grocery list weekly of what we need for the next week.  Right now it will mainly be produce, dairy and fish.  We are pretty stocked up.


 Sunday I decided to make me a big pot of homemade steal cut oatmeal for breakfast's this week.      Here is the recipe








YUMMY Oats
·        1 C Steal Cut Oats
·        4C Water
·        4 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
·        Dash (healthy) ground ginger and Cinnamon
·        1 medium apple, cored and cut
·        1/3 cup cranrasins
Cook the oatmeal about 15 minutes then add the apple, ginger, cinnamon, and cranrasins.  Continue cooking for another 15 minutes (30 minutes total)  When you remove from heat, add 4 teaspoons of brown sugar.  This is optional, as it adds 1 point onto the Weight Watchers count.  You could use the Splenda version and save the extra point.
Makes 4 servings (1Cup) and has 6 Weight Watchers points.  No brown sugar, the WW points are 5
 
 
 
I signed us up for home water delivery.  I want WATER to be our first go to drink.  Michael goes for his Capri Sun's or wants surgery stuff.  Well no more.  W-A-T-E-R.

Michael is also starving marvin when I pick him up from preschool and grazes on food until dinner is ready, which is one of my BIG pet peeves.  Well NO MORE.  I have been providing him a snack when I pick him up and that is all he is allowed to eat until dinner.  I tried these YUMMY veggie chips that I am sure will be Michael approved and for me, they are only 3 WW points, so worth a snack and a healthy alternative to what Michael has been eating.

We are also having a lot more fish in our house.  We tried Swai for the first time, and it is my new favorite next to Halibut.  But Swai is more affordable, and Michael ATE IT UP!!!  This photo was from my dinner last night, and in total it was 9 WW points for my ENTIRE dinner and I was STUFFED.  I was a little hesitant at first so I put some tarter sauce on my plate, but ended up not even touching it at all.  It was sooooo good!
New Year, New family is my new motto.  I am tired of the old, tired of being tired, tired of regrets, and just TIRED.  This week especially, the first time in a LONG while, I have felt really, REALLY good.  It's like my body has detoxed and I feel HEALTHY!  I am eating HEALTHY and being HEALTHY.  I have even made it back to working out, and feel amazing.
Can't wait to see what 2013 brings.
Last night Michael was eating his SECOND apple and said how much he LOVED them and wished he could eat them every single day.  LOL, silly boy.  If you eat them, I will buy them.  I found a really YUMMY yogurt dip for fruit on pinterest and only 2 WW points.  Fresh fruit & veggies are on our shopping trip weekly now, so apples it is.  Of course he also enjoyed a yummy Texas watermelon earlier.

BTW, been on Weight Watchers since January 1st - so 10 days right?  I have lost 6.2 pounds.  This feels just like after my Gastric Bypass when the weight just fell off.  My body is LOVING this and so am I.

Thanks for sharing this journey with me!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Janine that is awesome on your weight loss and the new way of healthy eating, I wish I liked food because I would definitley try cooking some of these recipes you blog about, but I am a horrible cook and I hate anything and everything when it comes to food, it sucks!! My diet consists of the same things over and over, chicken, turkey tacos and turkey burgers thats about all I like, oh and chicken fajiattas!
    Anyways keep up the good work and keep us posted on your journey!

    ReplyDelete