Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I LOVE cooking

Ok, so I think this has been a GREAT week. I have been cooking a ton more making alot of yummy dinners and breakfasts.    I don't know what finally clicked in this old brain of mine, but I am really enjoying this new healthier life I am creating for my family. 
I made this yummy dish on Sunday night for a side for our Monday dinner.  I even made the cream of broccoli soup from scratch.  Only 5 weight watcher points for a 1/2 c serving.  It was INCREDIBLE.  I didn't add the nutmeg or sugar like the recipe called for and I am glad.  I was worried about the mayo because before it baked that is all it tasted like, but boy when it came out and we had on Monday for dinner - This is in regular rotation now at my home.  Healthy, good and both boys ate it up!
We got our Ozarka water delivered and I am already liking this idea.  After watching the Biggest Loser this week about childhood obesity and the percentage of sugar kids get in just DRINKS, this will be an easy go-to for Michael.  He had several glasses last night alone.  We are in a small apartment right now so space is tight, so this little contraption went into Michael's bathroom.  I put cups on the counter for him and he can go get a drink at any time.  SUCCESS.  Monday I made me the most AMAZING pumpkin pie oatmeal EVER.  I will now make this all the time for my breakfasts.  It's filling and rich, and only 5 WW points per 1C serving.



·        1C Steal Cut Oats
·        3C Water
·        1C Pure Silk Coconut Milk
·        1/2C Pumpkin
·        Pumpkin Pie spice to taste


Cook for 30 minutes, and makes 4x 1Cup servings.
After dividing, I put 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on each servings.  You want to add the brown sugar
after like this, or it will add 1 WW point(lesson learned), otherwise the sugar doesn’t add any points.   If you need/want more sweetness I added 3 splenda packets to each of my servings.
 
My dinner last night was one of my YUMMY crock pot put-together's last month with cheesy mashed potatoes and corn.  9 WW points.   AMAZING and super filling.
 
Michael is doing really well eating all my yummy-ness as well.  I love it when he says his veggies are YUMMY.  What 4 year old LOVES Brussel Sprouts?  - Mine does!    He is my motivation for everything I do. I love this little boy to the moon and back forever and ever. 
May 2013 be just as good to you and your family as it has (so far) to mine.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment