Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Healthy meals

So mama has been cooking up a storm latley. I have always really enjoyed cooking. Even as a little girl, I always thought it was fun. Last night we had some sister missionaries over for dinner and I wanted to make something different but healthy since that is the kick I am on right now - and really LOVING it by the way.  I also while keeping it or MAKING it healthy have to make it not tase diet for my very pickey hubby.  He as actually started getting comments from co-workers that he looks like he is losing weight too. SCORE one for Janine for making yummy, HEALTHY food that everyone is enjoying. 
I found this recipe on pinterest, but modified it slightly for me. Since we are not alcohol drinkers nor would I even think about cooking with it for the sister missionaries I just doubled the chicken broth to make up for that. I also read a recipe on pinterest that had baking the shrimp with 1 stick of butter and a package of dry italian salad dressing. NOT going to cook with 1 whole stick of butter, that is just CRAZY, but the italian salad dressing peaked my interest. So I put in about 1 TBS into the sauce. OMG, so good. And pretty good point wise with Weight Watchers.

This recipe makes 4 servings.  But it makes a lot.
And YES I am still on my homemade pasta kick since I got my handy dandy pasta maker for christmas.  If you haven't ever had homemade pasta, you have to try it at least once in your life.  It is so much better than the store bought.  And again, if your watching your points, you can always have less of the pasta since it's a carb, but honestly I am finding it hard to reach all my points in a day - I get a whopping 36 so I allow myself 1C of this yumminess.  And it's pretty filling too.



Nutrition info: 188 calories |2g fat | 4.8 Carbs | .05 fiber | 36.5 carbs | 4 Weight Watcher POINTS PLUS
The pasta I made homemade and for 1C it is 5 WW POINTS PLUS


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment