Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013

 
As 2012 ends and 2013 begins I am excited for the changes we are making as a family here at casa de Hughes.  My first attempt at a healthier dinner proved VERY successful.  I got myself a handy dandy pasta maker for Christmas so I bought some 100% whole wheat flour and went about making some homemade pasta.  To be honest, I was worried Michael and Mike would balk at the whole wheat part and say they didn't like it.  I was WRONG.  It was so yummy that I doubt I will serve store bought pasta again (anytime soon, anyway).  It just made the spaghetti so much better.  My mom used to make homemade pasta when I was growing up, but I hadn't had it in awhile.  So good, and only 2 ingredients.  Flour & eggs,  that is it.  Super easy, and super yummy.  I am going to invest in some of the attachments so I can make ravioli and other types of pasta too. 
 I treated the boys to crock pot mushrooms as well.  They are not so healthy with 2 sticks of butter, but I will figure out a healthier substitution for that.  (if you have one, let me know) I may actually try a beef broth next time.  But it's just butter and a package of DRY ranch dressing.  I was told it was "tasty".  Michael was scarfing them down super fast.   Also made some homemade bread for dinner.  YES, we are going to change how we eat, if it KILLS big Mike.  ha, ha, he is kinda picky so I am working on swapping things out for healthier versions.  He will just have to adapt or starve.    He knows I mean business. 
 
 
I also bought this super amazing machine that turns frozen fruit into ice cream.  SOOOOOOO good.  You have to try it. 
 
On December 27th, I went and signed up for WEIGHT WATCHERS and on Tuesday Jan 1st I officially began my new healther life - and taking the boys along for the ride.  YES, I lost 147 pounds before with my gastric bypass, but marriage, years gone by and to be honest, depression has brought be to where I am now. I am so excited to take this journey.  Crazy that I would be excited to start Weight Watchers, but I know how I felt skinner and I know what goals I have for myself AND my family.  And they start with a healther Janine. 
FIRST GOAL - 50 lbs by this summer.  I think that is do-able.  1-2 pounds a week is all I am pushing for, so I think that is a very realistic goal.
So far so good, and I will keep you updated on the progress.
If he isn't the most AWESOME little boy ever, I don't know who is.
 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love you Janine! You inspire me to try some new, healthy things! I'm feeling kinda stagnant right now. Good luck with Weight Watchers! You're going to do great. Lots of new things for you in 2013! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete