Thursday, March 6, 2014

Monster Jam and other FUN happenings

We did our annual trip to Monster Jam on February 22.  What a fun tradition this has become and just look at the difference in Michael.  This year I think was the first time he actually LOOKED forward to and enjoyed the whole thing.  I will admit, it's pretty darn fun.  Something now that we have gone 4 years in a row I can say we honestly look forward to each year.  Thanks to my amazing co-worker Adella for getting us by far the best seats so far.  It was a BLAST!!
 

 
 
After we moved into our new house - ok, the VERY FIRST NIGHT, I was battling a not so fun Migraine while Mike and his brother Mark were out watching a football game.  I was laying on our bed while Michael was doing his usual of jumping on the bed.  Fun with a migraine let me add.  But then I heard a LOUD thud, silence then SCREAMS.  I bolted up so fast to this

Michael bounced off the bed and hit his head on the corner of a dresser.  Mommy was F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G out.  Dealing with this on top of a horrendous migraine probably exacerbated the whole thing for me because I couldn't find my keys to the car, Mike was out and my brother in law who just happened to answer his phone got the brunt of my frustration and panic.  Dang near called 911. 
I needless to say, calmed down and found my keys and tried waiting for Mike to hurry but decided to rush Michael to an emergency room/urgent care in a new neighborhood I didn't know where was.
3 staples in the head later, Daddy and Michael were sporting matching headbands.
I had to leave the room when the doctor put in the staples. - keep in mind my migraine and I was in tears hearing Michael SCREAM.   When the doctor was trying to explain that we were lucky and she didn't see any "brain Matter" - ok, WHAT?  I wanted to punch her.
But now apparently Daddy and Michael have matching head scars as they both now have gashed open their heads as kids. 


Michael had his first day at Bogguss Elementary School and what a great fun milestone for him.  He has a great teacher, a bunch of new friends and a school that we wanted him in from the get go during this home search.      This school has a 10 rating, and one that everyone in the area tries to get their kids into.   Just listen to how well Michael is reading now.
 
So as you can see, Not much going on here at all!
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment