Sunday, October 20, 2013

Our trip to Yesterland Farm and other happenings

 Yesterday I took Michael to this really great place called Yesterland Farms.  It's about 60 miles outside of Dallas in a town called Canton.  One of my coworkers told me about it last year but I didn't get a chance to take Michael.  A few weeks ago Living social had a deal of 50% on tickets so I snatched some up for me and Michael. 
We were actually supposed go on Monday but it was raining and I didn't want to do an outdoor activity and deal with the weather.   It was COLD Saturday but after about an hour we were able to take our jackets off and it wasn't bad.
 Michael was scared to go on the big slide at first so we went down together.  Then after that, FORGET IT.  I think he went down the slide like 30 times.  Then of course he wanted his face painted.  Super cute.  I didn't start buying the unlimited ride pass for Michael because I thought he would be too scared to ride anything. After 3x on the boats we went and I bought him the pass.   lol, now I know.
There was a big bazooka type guns you bought apples and shot at a huge metal pumpkin with a tiny whole. If you got an apple through the whole you got a FREE pumpkin. Guess who got a free pumpkin? crazy boy. It was a lot of fun.  There was a kids play area that Michael had a lot of fun playing at.  We were there about 6 1/2 hours when I had to DRAG Michael out at about 415pm.  It takes a little over an hour to get home so I didn't want to be driving home too late.   I had another medical issue this week and I was tired and not feeling well, but wanted to make sure Michael had fun and boy did he ever.
It's really a tough one to even decide to say anything, but soon it will not be a secret. After my MTHFR diagnosis earlier this year I did everything I researched to help with having another baby. I thought I had it in me one more time to try again. About 2 weeks ago we found out we were finally pregnant again and quickly got on my Lovonox injections - EVERY DAY and progesterone. Hoping to announce some great news in January about finally having a baby. Well this again wasn't to be as we lost this pregnancy last week, and this is it. This broken down baby incubator is being officially shut down in January with surgery. It's just not worth it anymore. I don't know what more I could do to stay pregnant. I did everything this time and we still lost the baby. And honestly every miscarriage (6) gets harder for me to recover from medically. After saying enough, it has felt like a GIANT weight lifted off us. I don't feel weighed down to play Russian roulette. If you are a lucky one who has multiple kids without so much as an issue consider yourself lucky. It is so incredibly hard to stay pregnant, get pregnant and have a baby. It's a medical mystery to me we were even able to have Michael. Don't feel sorry for us, there are kids out there right now in the Foster Care program that need families and soon, VERY soon 2 of those kids will be called HUGHES.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment