Thursday, February 21, 2013

What's been going on - don't get TOO excited



So it has begun, again sort of .  This was the final test we needed in order to make sure there is nothing else physically wrong with me as to why we have had 4 miscarriages.  This test was pretty simple and lasted less than 5 minutes.  I actually can't believe my Dr.'s office told me I would need to take the day off for this.  Some people must really have a LOW pain threshold.  I had an HCG (I think that is what it's called) on my woman parts.  Basically it's an xray of your uterus and fallopian tubes, or tube in my case.  Everything looked good, except my tube was in my belly but the dr. didn't seem to concerned.  Your fallopian tubes basically free float and I have had a few stomach surgeries so I am sure there is some scar tissue but nothing that would explain the miscarriages.  So it looks like the MTHFR is the culprit. 
With all this, we just wanted to make sure I was ok health wise.   Yes we lost 4 babies, but I want to live to raise Michael so I just wanted to make sure nothing serious was going on.
Of course now, I have a lump on my elbow that hurts and my pinkie finger is sore, what is up with that?  Seriously.  Maybe I am over-compensating.  ha, ha, ha.   But I am glad the testing is done and I have an answer I am happy with.  I have been doing a lot of research on the MTHFR gene mutation and have gone to great length to make sure my Dr. gives me the correct pre-natals and vitamins.  They probably think I am overly cautious, but it's my health and MY body.  MTHFR can cause heart conditions, and I already have a history of that in my family.  I don't want to add to that.



I have been following this blog for awhile and WANTED to make some of the yumminess from it, but last week she posted this amazing creation and I went to the store and got everything I needed to make this masterpiece.   Guess what, it's HEALTHY!!!  Looks chocolate-y fudgy good huh?  The cookie part is made of - get ready - dried DATES.  The top part fudgy looking yumminess is made of - Bananas.     I will say it's more banana-y flavor than I expected, but my oh my.  I have 24 pieces of this goodness and I will be rationing them out with the boys.  Secretly I am hoping they don't like it, but I am sure they will.   Soooooooooo Good.
 
Trick for me, I can only have 1x per day at  4 pt snack, I can't eat the whole thing.  And trust me, right now after taking them out of the pan into a better freezer container I want ANOTHER one.  The ones in this photo went right back into the container for later. But I did enjoy my little treat this afternoon.  I am going to try to save 4 points for dessert tonight.  Guess what I want to have???? anyone????
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment